While working on the 18th post of The Software Architecture Chronicles, which is about implementing a proof of concept, I picked up the Symfony demo app and started refactoring away…
I started by cleaning up the project a bit and adding some functionality I like to have for better DevEx (development experience), but after some 20 commits I got annoyed with it and decided to try to get the environment as best as I could.
More or less at the same time, at work, we are currently moving to containers, and Kubernetes, and this would be a nice project to start diving into that.
So here it is, “The Containerization Chronicles”, a series of posts where I will be describing my experiments and learnings about the containers world.
Posts in The Containerization Chronicles:
- The Containerization Chronicles
- Cleaning up the demo project
- Containerize development
- Continuous Integration with containers (using Scrutinizer)
- Integration with CodeCov
- Deployments with containers (using Heroku)
- Add an Nginx container
- Replace the Nginx container for httpd
- Replace the httpd container for httpd+mod_php
- Make a benchmark on the previous 3 configurations
- Add a persistence container
- Start diving into Kubernetes… No idea what I’m gonna do here…