In some of my classes I asked my students to author some screen-casts and upload them to Youtube, so they could show me that they could install and work with Linux. So I ended up creating some screen-casts teaching how to create screen-casts! I teach how to do it in Linux with the following open source software:
- Virtual box – to have an isolated sandbox
- recordmydesktop – to record my desktop and my explanations
- Pitivi – to edit the video files
I teach how to set up recordmydesktop options, use pitivi to edit the videos, set pitivi options to get an HD video ready for Youtube upload.
I use a desktop do create the screen-casts, and I always get that background sound (BZZZZZZZZ) that seems like a refrigerator, so I also have a second video teaching how to clean up the sound using:
- Audacity – to clean the sound
- Pitivi – to remaster the video